Power Squadron FAQs
When can I run gas or nitro-powered boats?
- Category: Power Squadron FAQs
- Published: Friday, 26 October 2007 17:43
- Hits: 2592
- Gasoline and nitro-methane fueled power boat models are allowed to run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00pm*1 on the southern section of the lake nearest to John F Kennedy Drive.
- All gas and nitro-fueled power boats must be muffled to meet the city’s noise abatement requirement of no more than 60 decibels at 50 feet*1. The is also a courtesy to our residential neighbors along Fulton Street north of the lake.
- Because of the walking path surrounding the lake, it is not advisable to run very high-powered speed boats or to approach the lake edges at a high rate of speed.
- Speckels Lake is on the Pacific Flyway and is frequented by many species of birds. Do not chase or harass the birds or turtles in the lake.
*1 - (Park Code Section 3.02)